VISION: Our vision is a society in which our beneficiaries have the opportunities and support they need to be independent, active, happy and live healthy and long lives.
MISSION: BHCAC seeks to enhance the quality of life of disadvantaged older and/or disabled Londoners from West Balkan region, particularly those experiencing poverty and isolation. The Centre supports their diverse needs through provision of welfare, educational and cultural services that welcome everyone.
- To provide targeted and preventive support, information, advice and advocacy services to avoid future crises and improve overall quality of life.
- To gather and disseminate information on issues effecting beneficiaries to improve communication and increase access to other services.
- To organise classes and workshops that promote exercise, healthy living and develop life skills.
- To organise social and cultural events that reduce isolation and social exclusion and promote positive interaction with wider community.
- To provide social and cultural events that promote positive expression of the language and culture of beneficiaries.
- To provide volunteering opportunities for beneficiaries to develop their skills, confidence and self-esteem.
VALUES: Our work is guided by the following set of organisational values:
- Enabling – we enable our beneficiaries to live independently and to exercise choice.
- Influential – we draw strength from the voices of our beneficiaries, and ensure that those voices are heard.
- Dynamic – we are innovative and driven by results.
- Caring – we are passionate about what we do and care about each individual.
- Expert – we are knowledgeable, experienced, authoritative, trusted and quality orientated.